Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Early Schneider-kreuznach Xenon 1.9/50 red triangle version
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject: Early Schneider-kreuznach Xenon 1.9/50 red triangle version Reply with quote

I have a quick question. I had not bought a lens for a while, so I felt compelled to score something ; )
I wanted some more input on my purchase, I haven't received it yet but here are the pictures.

If anyone can help me with these few questions;
why does it not seem have the auto aperture rig , since it seems exakta mount?
How does it compare to the black and silver version- I assume it is same optics?
Is it any more rare than other xenons or can anyone tell me the value, as I haven't been able to find many of the same lens?
Also, and other general input or insight would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance, cheers!

Last edited by StillSanj on Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Schneider-kreuznach Xenon 1.9/50 red triangle version Reply with quote

Your lens is made around 1952. There is no automatic lenses made for Exakta camera until the mid 50s. It is more rare than the later black Xenons and the value will be higher than the later one.

P.S. My late 50s black copy have much fewer aperture blades.

Last edited by calvin83 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Schneider-kreuznach Xenon 1.9/50 red triangle version Reply with quote

StillSanj wrote:

If anyone can help me with these few questions;
why does it not seem have the auto aperture rig , since it seems exakta mount?
How does it compare to the black and silver version- I assume it is same optics?
Is it any more rare than other xenons or can anyone tell me the value, as I haven't been able to find many of the same lens?
Also, and other general input or insight would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance, cheers!

Maybe I can answer a few questions:
Why does it not have the auto aperture rig? Well, that's something that wasn't invented in 1952 when your lens was made!
It is a very rare version of the Xenon! Value? I don't know.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats On what seems like a rare lens.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses guys. Yeah I figured it might be a little rarer since I haven't been able to did any of the likes. Bummer about the slight filter ring dent but for the price I thought it was still a good deal. It looks to have quite a few more aperture blades, and I love chrome-y vintage German glass so I can't wait to see how she cleans up.
Any more information or any references would be appreciated!
Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find! Like the results from a Schneider-K! Great lenses!

To try to fix the dent, find a sacrificial threaded filter of the right size. slice it into sections ~1/4. Align a section mating the threads on the inside of dent.
Slightly bend another section to fit around the outside of dent. Hold in place with tape/sticky tack. Apply careful pressure with small pliers to push out the dent.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if this lens is similar or not to pre-war Xenon 50/2.0? I like my Xenon 50/2 very much, it fives beautiful pictures. Can't wait to use it on streets of some of Chinese cities which I like very much.