Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sharpest among these three lenses ???
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Sharpest among these three lenses ??? Reply with quote

hello can anyone answer me definitively which one among this 3 lenses will be sharpest and have the best bokeh wide open and stopped down to f8 , will be using on a aps-c camera . the contenders are
1. Minolta MD 35/2.8
2. Canon FDn 35/2.8
3. Yashica ML 35/2.8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one ???

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to say definitively which is the best, you need to have all three lenses, and then have actually TESTED for sharpness at F2.8 & F8 on an APS-C camera(needs to be done on mirrorless because of the Canon FD mount, so NEX, Canon M, etc, not m4/3), and then done a comparative on bokeh, and decide which you think is the best (which is actually subjective).

That's a difficult ask, not to mention in only 8 hours!!! Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

35's aren't as common as 28's and 50's so finding someone with all three might be difficult. But I doubt that you would be disappointed with any 35 from a major manufacturer.
I've only got two 35's - a Flektogon 2.4 which is superb and a Soligor 2.8 which is awful. ( and the only bad Soligor I have to be fair )

It's a nice focal length though, I use the Flektogon a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I have 10 different prime lenses in this range, I don't have those 3 ones but only the Minolta MD 35/2.8.
The Minolta is certainly one of the best, though I cant say anything about the other two ones. The older Yashica DX lens which I have is rather crappy in comparison.
Bokeh is purely a matter of taste so that's rather impossible to state anything about "the best" bokeh.
My personal favorite on APS-C is the Voigtländer Ultron 35/1.7 RF lens but that is much more expensive than your mentioned ones. However, the bokeh is superior at least for my taste.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of those three I only have the Minolta and it's a good lens. In terms of sharpness it's better than the Flektogon (I have two of them, a black MC f/2.4 and an older zebra f/2.Cool which itself is a lens that's very highly regarded by many. The only negative point that I see is that it seems to have a bit higher than average field curvature. But personally I think you should look at other characteristics of the lenses too, not just sharpness or resolution. For example the Flektogons I mentioned are in many respects better lenses, just not outright sharpness across the frame at wide open.