Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yet another teleconverter question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Yet another teleconverter question Reply with quote

Hello folks , this question is regarding kenko teleconverters. I have a kenko macro teleplus mc7 teleconverter and it has the same opical formula as the Vivitar 2x macro focusing tc . Both the vivitar and kenko has a helicoid , now on ebay .com i also see that there are kenko 2x teleplus mc7 TCs but without any helicoid . i see it also has a 7 element 5 group design like the macro teleplus , but can anyone confirm if they have same optical diagram ?? please see the below photos to better understand the equipment iam talking about

Macro teleplus with helicoid

optiacl diagram of macro teleplus/vivitar 2x macro focusing TC

kenko normal mc7 TC from manual era

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "MC7" TC's are pretty ubiquitous mine is a tokina rmc. Optical structure externally, and internally as far as I can tell, looks identical to my KAF macro teleplus MC7 (= vivitar), however the KAF's barrel is a little higher by a few mm, and the rear group on the tok protrudes a little more.
In general terms they are certainly very similar, but not quite identical. i would guess that if the optical assemblies were laid side by side it would not be possible to tell them apart by eye.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
The "MC7" TC's are pretty ubiquitous mine is a tokina rmc. Optical structure externally, and internally as far as I can tell, looks identical to my KAF macro teleplus MC7 (= vivitar), however the KAF's barrel is a little higher by a few mm, and the rear group on the tok protrudes a little more.
In general terms they are certainly very similar, but not quite identical. i would guess that if the optical assemblies were laid side by side it would not be possible to tell them apart by eye.

My main intention is to swap elements , would it be fesible??

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this tamron AF MC7 TC image i found on the .bay... looks to be same optics inside

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swap elements? A dubious project IMO. It may be however that the rear group and the main group come out as a block or unit. You could try swapping those around.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well when i got the kenko macro teleplus cleaned i observed that all the elements were separate , no cementing . it is only wishful thinking that other mc7 tcs also have similar construction.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raay04 wrote:
well when i got the kenko macro teleplus cleaned i observed that all the elements were separate , no cementing . it is only wishful thinking that other mc7 tcs also have similar construction.

The basic construction might be similar but I doubt they have the same focal lengths & refractive indexes for each element. They may well also be different diameters meaning they don't physically fit.

Mind you it might prove an interesting experiment to try, as long as none of the components have been expensive.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well , currently thinks about getting a goodcondition macro tc , no need for hassle.