Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

An unusual Zenitar 16mm (but just ...)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: An unusual Zenitar 16mm (but just ...) Reply with quote

Here is a rather unusual Zenitar 16mm lens I have picked up at a local flea market.
I have bought this MC Zenitar-K 2.8/16 just because of the writings on it. Although all Zenitars I have seen they are labeled with latin inscriptions, this one bears Russian writings "MC Зенитар-K 2,8/16" and "рыбий глаз" (fish eye).

It looks nice, like never used and bought it in its leather case along with is rare four 26.5 filters; yellow, red, green and a UV, that fit at the back of the lens (the highly protruding front lens element makes it impossible adding anything in front of it).

Interesting (but just)…

I have tried on my Pentax with a roll of Ektar 100 and looks pretty sharp. I have also ordered a PK to FX adapter to try it also on my Fuji X-Pro1. What bothers me is that usually I get unwanted things at the edges of my frames as I have not been used to using such extreme wide angle lenses (in one of them I had caught my shoes Smile ).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you try this one on X-Pro1, it looks like a 23mm lens and could be used on several special scenaries. Wink I used to try to connect my Konica UC Hexanon 15mm/f2.8 on my X-Pro1 and I have to say its a good combination.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot wait for that adapter to arrive. On my X-Pro1 the widest lens I have ever used has been the Mir-10A. I bet that it will get me closer to the 24mm of my Nikon film cameras that I have been used to. Simply great! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheapest fisheye I could find when I brought my m42 mount version brand new - the rubber grip for focussing has now come unstuck though...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1