Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina 300mm 1:5,5f m42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Tokina 300mm 1:5,5f m42 Reply with quote

Been eyeballing this lense, anyone have experience with it?

http://www.tradera.com/Tokina_300mm_5_5_for_Pentax_M42-auktion-64611769

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one for testing , very avarage low performer lens.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/vivitar/vivitar_300mm_f5_6_tx/

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one I have seen labelled Tokina ! That alone makes it a collectible item. At that time Tokina sold this very popular series to many other companies, like Mamiya, Soligor, Vivitar, Sears, and many others.

I have the same lens sold by Sears.

Attila is a very discriminating fellow, much more of a connoisseur than I am, and his opinion is very sound. No doubt you can find a 300mm that will give you better contrast and resolution.

However, I am much less picky. I found this lens to be excellent for my purposes and ability, very sturdy and stable and easy to use, and most important on these things, focus quickly and accurately on the DSLR. It has been very "lucky" for me. So far its my best 300mm.

I would say its worth the asking price you see it at. You can probably get some version of it on US ebay for $25.

Samples from this -

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luisalegria you can make very nice pictures virtually with any lens Wink this not means lens is good this means you are very talented photographer. I really wish to see from you some pictures taken with better glasses. I think we will all amazed !