Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMC Tokina 2.8/35mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: RMC Tokina 2.8/35mm Reply with quote

I purchased this lens recently, here are some samples.
For #21-24 I used a short macro tube to get a little closer.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as i love my RMC 2.8/28, i once had a (non RMC) Tokina 35mm and i was quite disappointed because it had almost no contrast. Mine must have been an early version, yours is an RMC as well and your samples look a lot better!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
As much as i love my RMC 2.8/28, i once had a (non RMC) Tokina 35mm and i was quite disappointed because it had almost no contrast. Mine must have been an early version, yours is an RMC as well and your samples look a lot better!!

Thank you, glad to hear it. I bought this as a consolation when I missed out on a Tokina RMC 2.8/28mm.
When I visit the US I will try to buy one. Here the shipping is too high.
I am happy with this lens, it is nicely built and gives good results. It does not focus very close however.
It seems like an earlier version of the RMC due to the lettering.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you have an early design. RMC doesn't help much, contrast still quite low. I find later version much improved in that sense.
Here, i grabbed first photo Google found:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
TrueLoveOne wrote:

Thank you, glad to hear it. I bought this as a consolation when I missed out on a Tokina RMC 2.8/28mm.
When I visit the US I will try to buy one. Here the shipping is too high.
I am happy with this lens, it is nicely built and gives good results. It does not focus very close however.
It seems like an earlier version of the RMC due to the lettering.

This looks similar to the Vivitar 35mm f/2.8, made by Tokina. 8-bladed iris? Had two of these and they are excellent.

I picked up a late model RMC 35 f/2.8 for the multi-coating. But discovered a previous owner had epoxied the focus ring at infinity! Seller didn't have a clue, fortunately, I got a refund, but disappointing.