Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax K mount TC conversion to M42 screw mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Pentax K mount TC conversion to M42 screw mount Reply with quote

Hello folks , i will buy a pentak K mount Kenko APK 2x MC7 Macro teleplus( with focus helicoid) . now i dont have any K mount lens and mostly have m42 lenses so i want to convert the lens mounting mount to m42 screw mount. I wanted to know if anyone has done similar conversion . I will only use it on NEX so i dont need aperture automation. More over the register distance for both pentax screw mount and K mount are same , more over i want to mount m39 mount enlargers onto the macro focussing tc . Please let me know your thoughts and experiments if any.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously you will need a NEX to PK adapter , then the MC7 Macro ( which are very good) The good news is, there are simple adapters from PK to M42. I would leave the locking spring in place as you will be using mainly M42 - a lot of people recommend taking the spring off the adapter because they jam in the PK mount, which I think is not the case, it's people not understanding properly how to take them off.
http://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Adapter-Pentax-Camera-K-5IIs/dp/B001G4LOCC

I have 2 of those MC7's and rate them very highly.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used several of those teleconverters to mount projector lenses, they work well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody try permanent conversion??

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M42-Screw-mount-Lens-adapter-to-Pentax-PK-K-5-K-30-K-M-cameras-NEW-FREE-SHIPPING-/161487914690?hash=item25996e06c2:g:EkkAAOSwuMFUacP~

Anybody try this type of adapter