Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pancolar 2/50 Exakta mount Panasonic G5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:33 am    Post subject: Pancolar 2/50 Exakta mount Panasonic G5 Reply with quote

My lastest Pancolar went on a short holiday with me. I was very happy with it on the G5,it was sharp enough for what i needed it for.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good lens Mo - and you seem to have a fondness for the pancolar.
I have this one and I like mine when it co-operates, but it does have a funny unpredictable change in focus that I cannot get a handle on.
I have a loss rate on mine of about 50%.
Still not sure what the issue is with mine.
OH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One needs to click the photo so optimal resolution is on screen. Really nice Mo!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks goos indeed Moira! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments. I have 8 Pancolars now,I missed number 9 recently it wasn't you OH? Smile I have found that sometimes the blades don't engage when you push in the little lever (M42) or the little button on the Exakta version. So you are wide open and not stopped down,could that be what you are seeing?

What serial number do you have?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Thanks for the comments. I have 8 Pancolars now,I missed number 9 recently it wasn't you OH? Smile I have found that sometimes the blades don't engage when you push in the little lever (M42) or the little button on the Exakta version. So you are wide open and not stopped down,could that be what you are seeing?

What serial number do you have?

Yes that might be it.
No I didn't outbid you - I have had mine for quite a while now.
Serial number is 8060821
This one
OH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick question about the CZJ lenses with the little symbol (looks like IQ) - shown here in front of Pancolar on my lens.
Does it have any meaning?
OH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume its a mark for quality control (possibly export) but I don't really know,only from what I have read on the forum. I do know that your lens has red dof markers and usually I see only black on the Zebra styled lenses. Which has me thinking have I missed another variation of this lens in my serial number collecting Rolling Eyes

May I keep your images as a "proof" of differences in styling? My Exakta pancolar is the silver with bakelite front grip and serial starting with 66.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I assume its a mark for quality control (possibly export) but I don't really know,only from what I have read on the forum. I do know that your lens has red dof markers and usually I see only black on the Zebra styled lenses. Which has me thinking have I missed another variation of this lens in my serial number collecting Rolling Eyes

May I keep your images as a "proof" of differences in styling? My Exakta pancolar is the silver with bakelite front grip and serial starting with 66.

Thanks for the info Mo.
Sure, go ahead and use the images.
No worries mate.
OH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Just a quick question about the CZJ lenses with the little symbol (looks like IQ) - shown here in front of Pancolar on my lens.
OH

It's a "1" not an "I", read somewhere it means "first quality" or something to that effect.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuzzywuzzy wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
OH

It's a "1" not an "I", read somewhere it means "first quality" or something to that effect.

Thank you fuzzywuzzy - you are an angel Smile
It would be interesting to see some more images from your lens Mo.
Co-incidentally, the last time I used mine was at the seaside too.
I hope you don't mind me adding a piccie from then.
OH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add as many as you like
Here's another one
Right on sunset,waiting for the fish to bite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Add as many as you like
Here's another one
Right on sunset,waiting for the fish to bite

Hope you got some fish Mo Smile
Here are a couple more from mine - also from the seaside.
OH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice! Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 2 small ones,catch and release,but had fun catching them.

Here's one from Tarthra the main beach, the focus is on the little fish in the wave.I found it incredibly hard to get the exposure right bright light,water and sand! The Pancolar did very well I think.