Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 and Vivitar 2x Macro Focusing TC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 and Vivitar 2x Macro Focusing TC Reply with quote

It's spring and the dragonflies and damselflies are back! I found the Vivitar 2x Macro Focusing TC locally for about $15. Paired with the 90/2.5 its a very versatile combo, giving some decent standoff distance but still having the ability to get in really close.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent pics Mike!
What's the minimum working distance for 1:1 ratio?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original had a purpose designed extension for 1:1. These show how good the basic lens really is

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love 4 and 5.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning series. And very good models.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great set, I hope some day I can shoot good macro pics like these...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Excellent pics Mike!
What's the minimum working distance for 1:1 ratio?

Not quite sure yet, I still have to test it. It may go a little beyond 1:1 too. Off the top of my head I'd say the minimum working distance was similar to working with the matched adapter for the 90/2.5.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning pictures!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 and Vivitar 2x Macro Focusing TC Reply with quote

Mike Deep wrote:
It's spring and the dragonflies and damselflies are back! I found the Vivitar 2x Macro Focusing TC locally for about $15. Paired with the 90/2.5 its a very versatile combo, giving some decent standoff distance but still having the ability to get in really close.

Can this photos be reviewed now??