Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trying Canon FD 24/2.8 for portraits
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Trying Canon FD 24/2.8 for portraits Reply with quote

Yesterday I took my father in law for Chicago sightseeing. I took sony fe35/2.8 and canon fd 24/2.8 with me. After few shots, I found 24mm to be better due to tight spots in the city and boy! I glad I got this lens. This is probably the best $70 I have spent on a lens!! f2.8 on 24mm was not enough to completely blur the background but was enough to make sure subject is isolated but I can still easily distinguish Chicago's landmarks.

Using it on Sony a7 is such a breeze as well. Very fast to focus and I have nailed it 95% of the time. I actually missed focus with AF lens couple of times. I have always used this lens for cityscapes or landscapes but it was the first time used it for portraits and loving it..!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed. I like how you frame the scenery Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots!
The 24mm FL is first on my expansion list Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did handle it , nicely , great series!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results! Like the framing too Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love these shots, well done!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good series , and All my FDs are darn good .But I don't have the 24/2,8
It's a good focal length for close environamental portraits .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful portraits. First and last images have so much dimensional depth.

I just sold a mint condition FD 24 2.8 on Ebay today - that focal length isn't very exciting on X-T1.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! This type of portraits was a discovery for me! I have few very nice fast lens and I always tried to smooth the bokeh as much but I like these as it gives a sense of environment and surroundings.