Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon 35mm 1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Canon 35mm 1.8 Reply with quote

Fast compact little gem Wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful.
Since IIRC you have both, how does this lens compare to the 2.5/35 nikkor for nikon S, in your opinion?
I'm extremely happy with the nikkor, but I'd like to have something as good in ltm.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wow!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazingly beautiful!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything wrote:
beautiful.
Since IIRC you have both, how does this lens compare to the 2.5/35 nikkor for nikon S, in your opinion?
I'm extremely happy with the nikkor, but I'd like to have something as good in ltm.

Well, they are both good IMO. It is difficult to declear a winner without testing both at the same time, but I feel like Nikkor lenses are more optimized around center from wide open in general versus Canon with better corners wide open. They get more and more similar as you stop down.

Color rendring is pretty unique with this lens and it have hints of pastel colors in its drawing. Contrast is avarage and bokeh can be interesting as in the flower shot. The Nikkor is a smaller lens but not by much. I was supprised of the physical size and expected it to be bigger than it is.

I can try to compare them in some shots later if you want.

These pictures are taken in Tromso area up in North of Norway almost two hours by plane from my area. You can see the Artic Cathedral in one of the pictures and the boat is Hurtigruta (one of twelve ships) which is very popular among tourists traveling the fjords. I had to go there to a meeting so there wasn`t much time for shooting around.

Tromso is one of the best places in the world to see Aurora Borealis (northern light) and there are beautiful mountains in the area so I would love to travel up there by car some time to take some scenary shots like this beautiful mountain near by.

source: http://www.fjellforum.no/topic/28618-otertinden-norges-matterhorn/

Thank you Klaus and Attila!

Last edited by Nordentro on Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:06 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images , very well taken , good lens ....in fact , a real beauty ! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Aanything wrote:
beautiful.

Well, they are both good IMO. It is difficult to declear a winner without testing both at the same time, but I feel like Nikkor lenses are more optimized around center from wide open in general versus Canon with better corners wide open. They get more and more similar as you stop down.

Color rendring is pretty unique with this lens and it have hints of pastel colors in its drawing. Contrast is avarage and bokeh can be interesting as in the flower shot. The Nikkor is a smaller lens but not by much. I was supprised of the physical size and expected it to be bigger than it is.

I can try to compare them in some shots later if you want.

no, thanks, I just wanted to hear your opinion. I'll keep an eye open for that canon.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, and thx Teo Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice examples, i always liked the way you post process them, definitely there is a certain style that is always present.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very nice! Smile

But why so big? Scrolling is not fun. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don`t know why they get so big now, they always scaled down automatically before with "click for bigger" function. Maybe Attila did some adjustments in the backend?

Thank you guys for nice comments, I guess we all have our style in post Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did set larger size 1024 px was small at this days, looks need to set smaller vertical size

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful photos Lars.

I need to find these 35 as well Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Hoan Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice photos.