Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 35-105
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Canon FD 35-105 Reply with quote

Havent used FD glass in ages as I've been using a 7D for years. Finally upgraded to Sony (yes, I feel that the Alpha series is an upgrade to most of canons lineup) and I'm stoked to use oldschool canon lenses again.

Heres a few still grabs out of a video I'm working on, as well as a still from a wedding.

Climbing 1.4.2 by Dory Breaux, on Flickr

Climbing 1.5.1 by Dory Breaux, on Flickr

Ash and Maxley rings by Dory Breaux, on Flickr

I'm blown away by how sharp this lens is for a vintage zoom, even wide open. And I absolutely LOVE the flare it produces, although it is a bit overprone. I have a mattebox on the way (probably not practical for stills) to help control flare.

Note that these have all been graded/processed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Wed May 11, 2016 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work. The 35-105/3.5 is a very good lens I also love the 28-85/4 as its a bit wider, every bit as sharp but flares less. Although the flare in your shot works really well!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very capable lens for sure, and you show it well.
It has a good reputation for quality images.
Thanks for sharing
OH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be better once I can control the flare more.
Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have three copies of this lens...one has issues with left edge sharpness, another has issues with right edge sharpness, and the third has sharpness issues on both edges. Pin sharp in the center of the frame, but the edges leave a lot to be desired. For the record, I'm using it on a Sony A7R and A7R2 with a Novoflex adapter.

Is this common with this lens? I like the feel of it, and the zoom range is very handy...just not sure if I want to take a chance on yet another copy.