Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon TV-16 1.4/50 On Fuji XE-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Canon TV-16 1.4/50 On Fuji XE-1 Reply with quote

I have been sorely tested with this camera or challenged may be another word. After using Pentax then Panasonic,the Fuji menu and button layout has been a challenge.For the simple reason I keep using the wrong button to do the wrong thing.Smile Its been a slow process which has both frustrated me and given me a sense of enjoyment I have not experienced with my other cameras.

C mount lens on APS-C,resized not cropped,and a few tweaks here and there.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice. I have the Fujinon-TV 1.4/50 c mount and it vignettes ever so slightly on APS-C, nice to see the Canon doesn't.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a pleasant surprise that it didn't,but if it had I would have liked it all the same.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have another 1.3/50 C mount, not sure if made by Tamron or Tokina, great lens, swirly bokeh, but slightly vignettes on APS-C.

I have the Fujinon 1.7/35 C mount too, it doesn't quite cover APS-C.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a great camera Mo.
I rarely use my Nikon or Pentax any more as the X-E1 has become an extension of my hand and eye.
The most used buttons on mine are the Fn button for ISO, the EV dial for exposure adjust and the enlarge focus aid button/dial under my thumb.
And the sensor is simply wonderful in its response even at higher ISO.
I am sure that it is only practice before you will also like its ways
OH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Cat Laugh 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH,I am sure you are right.I was so used to the Pentax Fn button that I don't use it on the XE-1. My favorite setting or feature is the shutter speed dial in combination with the exposure dial.Now that I am becoming used to the location of the focus aid button (command dial) I like it a lot.I had been using the Left selector button like it is set out on the G1 Rolling Eyes
Ian,
I don't come across that many affordable C mount lenses,I shall keep an eye out for the ones you mentioned.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be a little distortion,looking at the bars in this image

....and there may be a little boredom in this image if you look closely Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly a very nice lens Mo, I like the second one - sleepy cat!

Cheap C mounts have largely dried up now as everyone is aware of them, but good luck on your hunt.