Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa 'Scala' in the Philippines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Agfa 'Scala' in the Philippines Reply with quote

I took a Pentax ME Super loaded with outdated Agfa 'Scala ' 200 to the Philippines, rated film at 100 ASA and processed in home-made ID11 formula 1+1 for 12 mins at 20oC and scanned with my old ( but FREE!) Epson 1650 flatbed+ Vuescan Pro.
My Wife went back to her Old School in Bairan, Cebu -- 28-80mm f3.5-4.5 SMC Pentax-A lens, auto exposure
Phils 2015 : Back to School ! by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Dog under the table -- Bairan, Cebu, 50mm f1.7 SMC Pentax-M lens
Phils 2015 : Dog under the Table by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Naga Catholic Cemetery -- if you don't pay the RENT for the little boxes where your Relatives are put their bones get taken out and put into a sack and sometimes spill out making good photo opportunities ! 28-80mm f3.5-4.5 SMC Pentax-A lens
Phils 2015 : Skull in Cemetery by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
The Cat Lady, Naga Catholic Cemetery, Cebu -- many 'Characters' eke a living outside and inside the Cemetery !
Phils 2015 : Cat Lady by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Starfish Island, Palawan, 135mm f2.8 Vivitar lens, Red filter
Phils 2015 : Palawan, Starfish Island by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series, I love them!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Great series, I love them!

+1, Great shots.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Folks !! I was given several cassettes of the Agfa 'Scala' 200 and read about processing as a negative even though it was designed for reversal processing as B&W slides and it gives very good results -- I have won a major award with a 16x12" darkroom print with it. I think I may have ONE more cassette left in the fridge.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what an interesting series, beside very well process images, so much new input for me
thanks a lot for sharing