Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Misterious lens cap
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject: Misterious lens cap Reply with quote

Dears could you help me with this one? I found this plastic lens cap with a logo on that I've never seen before, any clue? Just curiosity Rolling Eyes THANKS!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow didn't see this before! From this angle seems to be a dog holding something with his mouth. Thanks. Still no clue what this brand could be....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that this is from a lens?
It might be from something else entirely.
What is the diameter of the cap - that might help
OH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like it belongs to a lens, I thought it could be from a microscope? or maybe another lab optical instrument? here some pics. Diameter is 32mm. THANKS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen a comparable lens cap. I don't think that this plastic cap comes from a lens.
However, I don't know everything. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So tricky, I've seen that logo before, I'll see it again I am sure Smile thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen that logo before but would interpret it as a wolf with either a lantern (light) or a shower in the mouth.
So probably it's an old logo from any company named "Wolf" who produced something like sanitary or lightning equipment?
It could be a closure or cover (cap) for a tube or a hole or something like that.
I wouldn't associate it with anything from the optical industry......
Just my guessing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that is a dog holding a riding crop, so it's something with a 'country' angle to it, possibly connected with hunting.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it looks like a tube closure

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barryreid wrote:
I'm pretty sure that is a dog holding a riding crop, so it's something with a 'country' angle to it, possibly connected with hunting.

These were my thoughts also when I saw it first.
How about a cap from a shipping or storage tube for a riding crop.
OH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a tube closure, like Phil has said, or a blank that fits in the port of something like a hydraulic pump.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be a total dud. However, there is a company called Keywolf. They make door handles and similar stuff.
Unfortunately, they are now called Keytiger it seems and I could not find logos.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is from an endoscope.
Company is called Richard Wolf.
They are still using this Logo.