Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

rollei carl zeiss tele-tessar 4/200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject: rollei carl zeiss tele-tessar 4/200 Reply with quote

I purchased this lens off of e-bay. I knew it was in bad shape. I got it for 7 dollars Canadian. I thing it was in a flood where there was salt water. I like to take it apart and try to repair it. I have never take a tessar apart. I believe this lens still has lots of life. just wondering is there a thread here. I could follow or some one tell me where to start. maybe help me along the way. any suggestion greatly appreciated. it coming apart one way or the other. I hope thou with some help. I will post images

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as you can see it is in bad shape. but I think it can be done. I will video the whole dismantle. that way I will be able to put it back together. any suggestion what I should use to clean this lens. it the interior is really bad. what could I use to make it black again . thank you all so much have a nice day

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone has already had it open, the pins and levers that should be sticking out the back are gone. Probably they failed to put the tricky aperture mechanism back in correctly so omitted it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know (almost nothing) is the old school teached: in cases like yours dissamble all the lens till only individual parts and put all in clean water. After repet two or three Times the same.

It's a good lens. Better than the less than average and very prone to flare voigtlander DKL 200/4.

Good luck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject: rust Reply with quote

well it is in really bad shape on the inside. the rust is very heavy. well I will see what I can do with this lens but wow really rusted.