Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cleaning behind Front Element of Canon FD 80-200 F4 L
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Cleaning behind Front Element of Canon FD 80-200 F4 L Reply with quote

I have been searching the internet for days trying to find out some information on how to remove and clean the front element of a Canon FD 80-200 F4 Lens, but I haven't been able to find any information. I have cleaned some primes (Takumar 50 & 200) in the past, but i know that this FD L zoom is much more complex than those fixed primes.

If possible, I would like to be able to clean the underside of the first element - can someone point me in the right direction for removal and reassembly of the front element only and how difficult is it?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome starlights!

Look for the Canon parts list -- the exploded view of the lens may provide some clues to dis-assembly.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Welcome starlights!

Look for the Canon parts list -- the exploded view of the lens may provide some clues to dis-assembly.

Thanks visuapopsins - I have been looking but no luck thus far. The best i have found so far is on page 114 of this FD booklet but thats not a lot to go on. (which i think every FD lover should download and save from extinction )

http://www.baytan.org/prak/pdf/lens/lenswork.pdf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my limited experience nFD zooms do not lend themselves well to repair. Not at all.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your responses! As it turned out, the lens was very clean and did not require any cleaning.

I posted some images for the lens in this thread: http://forum.mflenses.com/portraits-vivitar-s1-135-2-3-and-canon-fd-80-200-4l-t72814.html