Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Shot in monochrome with Meyer Telefogar 3.5/90
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Shot in monochrome with Meyer Telefogar 3.5/90 Reply with quote

I was attracted to this object being hit by the strong sun rays coming through my skylight.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is damn good purchase, great performance for little money, I especially like #1 image.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
This lens is damn good purchase, great performance for little money, I especially like #1 image.

Thank you Attila.
I did sharpen them all, but I also liked the unsharpened version. I agree about the lens, as I use it I
am appreciating it more and more.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Will sell my rokkor mc 100/2.

Do you guys recomend this Meyer lens for portraits?

Which behavior has With CA?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Older German, Russian lenses has less CA than Japanese lenses has. I don' t remember for CA on pictures taken with Meyer 100mm f2.8.
CA is pretty much dependent from your shooting practice as well, if you are avoid from wide open shoots on bright lights, CA will be lot less or it will be gone fully.
Another solution maybe very expensive top lenses with APO lens tags, my solution is remove CA in post process if a picture is deserve it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Attila.

My portraits are made like snapshot, without possing and unknowed people. So need a light lens and With very low CA cause the conditions are What they are at the moment.

I tried With my apotelyt R 180 but It's heavy and everybody seen It:-(.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MD 250mm f5.6 is an ultimate sniper lens, small , sharp , but rare and expensive.
Meyer Telemegor 180mm f5.5 in black finish not very visible, small , light weight and due pretty slow lens, not much CA will comes, if comes any.
http://forum.mflenses.com/meyer-telemegor-180mm-f5-5-t15823.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

I have seen a 5,5/180 in market, guess.

I forgot that I must try my voigtlander skopar 4,5/105 of 1933 again. No coated at allí. Cool

Let see.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on bright light non coated lens will produce tons of glow in most cases, no way to go.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
on bright light non coated lens will produce tons of glow in most cases, no way to go.

My first test said that. You are right.

No Ca but flare excesive.