Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Steinheil Culminar 2.8/50 ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Steinheil Culminar 2.8/50 ? Reply with quote

I recently acquired an old Edixa Flex with two lenses, one, the venerable old Tamron 6.3/95-205 zoom, and two, the Steinheil Culminar 2.8/50. Despite the popularity of Steinheil lenses online I couldn't find much about this lens. I found a suggestion that it is a reverse tessar design, and the diaphragm is positioned just behind the front element so that seems to be true.

Unfortunately, like some of the old CZJ lenses, this lens has a protruding assembly that prevents it from being screwed into my M42 adapter (unlike the CZJ lense this one won't even screw in a little bit) so no test shots yet. I'll have to try it out on film.

Now the Culminar lenses in long focal lengths seem to be very common, but for some reason the 50mm is rather scarce. Has anybody tried this lens before?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea. I give me copy to my friend before I tried it. It should be a good lens like my Cassar 45 2.8 M39.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just won one of these for King Regula, in the same style as the Regula Quinon

It is a Tessar type and very few pictures on the web, so is rare.

some shots found her
http://sukishasin.exblog.jp/i29/