Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chinon PK Macro?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: Chinon PK Macro? Reply with quote

I won't have it for a few days yet. I just won it on auction but I can't find anything on an Auto Chinon PK mount 28mm with macro. It's got blue and orange print. The macro print starts with MACRO in light blue and under that 1:4 also in light blue as are the other numbers in that scale. The other scale is bright orange print. It's a pretty colorful lens. Razz I've been trying to ul the only pic I have but I'm not quite sure it's working. I'm seeing some PK mount 28mm lenses but nothing with a macro scale. I'll post pics of the actual lens when it arrives. I can't tell much of anything else from the one pic.

It was in a lot with a CM-5 and two other Chinon lenses. I know the lens is Chinon 28mm and PK but that's about it thus far. I took a chance on it because the only other Chinon 28mm I have is a Chinar and it's pretty wrecked. The other two are the Chinon 50 1.1.9MM lens and a Chinon 135MM 1:2.8 lens respectively. These are second copies for me. My first copy of the 50 1.19 PK is in really bad shape mechanically. This one looks better to me. I'm hoping it is. The Chinon 135mm I have in M42 mount and a PK Chinar version already but as 135mm lenses go it is a good one. I guess I would not mind having another backup of that one in PK mount, though I might sell it yet, I dunno. Mainly I wanted a better copy of the 50mm and the 28mm in there just made it an even better buy. The 135 it's kind of redundant to me at this point. Whatever, it's a bonus lens, eh? The CM-5 looks to be in good shape too so maybe I'll just sell the 135mm and that down the road maybe. The whole kit was like $29, so it's not like I broke the bank acquiring them all...

Anyway, I'm just wondering about the Macro thing...This is the only Chinon 28mm PK lens I've ever seen with a macro scale on it. I can't find much online and yes, I did the search thing here. Not much by way of results. Anyone have one of these?

Here it is! This is about the only other one I could find and I looked all over the place pretty much, but if you look close this one in the UK also has the macro scale in blue, so I think it's this one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Chinon-28mm-F-2-8-MC-WIDE-ANGLE-Lens-PK-fit-with-caps-and-case-/121707505192?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c56552628

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never seen this PK version before and I had several M42 'macro' lens from Chinon. I didn't see any difference vs other 'non-macro lenses'.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Vivitar 28mm f2.8 which also states on the box Macro 1:5x in Nikon AI-S mount ser.#9009....it is NOS and I got it for free Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .