Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zuiko 35-70/3.5-4.5 Close focusing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Zuiko 35-70/3.5-4.5 Close focusing Reply with quote

Found one in local bazaar and attracted to its affordable price.
Cosmetically not decent but apertures look OK.
Became my first manual zoom also the most versatile one. Like other Zuikos of mine tends to flare against light.
Ability to close-focus (peaking in 70mm) is pleasing (check the carpet photo).
Ergonomics is much better than most of the kit lenses I have used.
Liked it...

Below samples are OoC Raws converted to Jpeg with no sharpening or adjustment. Camera was OMD EM5.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be a keeper.
The 3.6/35-70 may be into another league, but this one is very decent too.
Most of zuiko lenses are very good performers. Enjoy Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep reading good things about this lens, your pictures confirm its good reputation.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a long wait, took out the lens as part of the assignment I undertook thanks to PhantomLord's query. All taken with EM-5 and converted to JPEG from RAW on IrfanView. No processing other than resampling itself.

100% crop 35mm @ 3.5

100% crop 35mm @ 8

35mm

100% crop 35mm @ 3.5

Pintail 100% crop @ 70mm 1:4.5

Harley @ 35mm possibly 1:3.5

Last edited by listera on Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Listera for the photos. It's exactly as you've wrote, the lens is great at 35mm and certainly good idea for cheap substitute of zuiko 35/2.8. I wonder how it performs on the full frame but from what I've read in old Modern Photography tests it's indeed very good and compact lens.