Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Iris, poppy and geranium
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Iris, poppy and geranium Reply with quote

I threatened to come back with irises when we got them here in the PNW. Well - they are well and truly here, and we have a major heatwave too. I managed to get to a local garden run by volunteers and attached to the horticultural program of our State University. I took pictures of many late spring flowers, but here are:
1. Iris with Tamron 90/2.5 on D200

3. Iris with Nikkor 55/3.5 micro

5 Poppy with Nikkor 55/3.5 micro

6. Geranium with Helios-40 85/1.5

Sorry about the overload but I love flowers Smile Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful captures!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the colours on the shots.

Though with the many forms and colours is there such a thing as an overload Confused No Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really paid attention to flowers, until I picked up a camera. I guess I truly need to plant a garden.

Patrick, the colors are amazing. I like #4, that blue just draws you in!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice captures.

Your season is a few weeks ahead of ours here in Maine. The only flowers we have so far is daffodils that will come up when their is still snow on the ground and some wild flowers that I can't identify.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Shocked Those details and colors really jump. Especially the blue Iris for me. Nice work Patrickh. It's great to have a bit of summer aye? We hit the 90 degree mark in the shade here in Anacortes today. I know for you down in Ashland that is not so uncommon. For us it is a record for May.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maddog10 wrote:
I never really paid attention to flowers, until I picked up a camera. I guess I truly need to plant a garden.

Patrick, the colors are amazing. I like #4, that blue just draws you in!

Having your own garden gives you a ready source of "models" Smile

If you want to minimize the work just pick perennials - if we can grow the geraniums (cranesbill) here in our garden, they should do great in Maryland.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minimize Work - Yes indeed! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, these are to die for, patrick. Awesome camera work, man! Hard to pick a favorite among these gems, but I really like the yellow iris, followed by the purple close-up of the stamens...magnificent! Can you imagine how these would look as enlargements? Sweeeeeet!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb shots Patrick and true color from the D200
#4 is my favorite

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow great photos
The first one with the dragon fly is super, I also like how you have managed to get very good yellows in #3 and the perfect strong red on #5.
All good photo technique. Great colour work.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful photos, the colors are great. Cool

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, such sweet revenge! Very Happy Wink Beautiful colors and detail in these,
Patrick, thanks for sharing! Cool

Bill

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your very kind comments. Sharing is a lot of what I like about photography and this forum uses picture taking to showcase their equipment, which is a mutual benefit to us all

patrickh