Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EBC FUJINON vs CARL ZEISS PLANAR vs MAMIYA SEKOR SX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject: EBC FUJINON vs CARL ZEISS PLANAR vs MAMIYA SEKOR SX Reply with quote

I wanted to compare these two. Three things im looking for here when wide-opened:

1. Color Rendition
2. Contrast
3. Sharpeness

These were all shot wide open on a 5D MIII.

Last edited by Yahvel on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Yahvel,

Certainly a tough decision based on the images you provided. If it was me, I would shoot a few more comparison photos to include some middle distance subjects as well as some images which would help me judge the lenses infinity performance. I would also look at corner performance as well as center performance by putting some high detailed items in the center and edges of the frame. Finally, I would like to see how the lenses perform when faced with images with the potential to produce both flare and chromatic aberrations.

From a purely subjective point of view, I like the rendering of the Zeiss best and the Mamiya least - but that is just my personal impression of the images presented.

All the best,

Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing you didn't consider is minimum focus distance. I wouldn't make a decision based on this type of test, which is the conclusion I came to in my recent comparison of three 100mm lenses. Better to take a day of shooting with each and then decide based on your experience.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistically, not enough photos taken in various situations. And what kind of photography do you mostly prefer? You should shoot each lens in that given genre.

If I had to choose based on these 9 samples, I'd sell the M/S SX.