Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon M42 to EOS, question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Fujinon M42 to EOS, question Reply with quote

My last acquisition is a set of M42 Fujinon mount lenses: the EBC 1.4/50 and a Soligor c/d 2.8/135. Both have the aperture latch, so i can't use them on my regular M42 adapters for EOS, aperture won't turn anymore and the lens is actually too far away from the adapter.

So, i want to buy an adapter that will work without butchering the lenses (a beautiful ST901 black came with them, want to keep that complete) and i am wondering if this cheap adapter will work!

Anyone have this one here and used it with Fuji lenses? Looks like it might work, but the seller does not mention Fuji....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/250838011953?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thank you!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a flanged one. The one made by Yeenon will work(I have it sitting in my desk). This one should also work Click here to see on Ebay as they seems copy from Yeenon.

If one want one works with Mamiya SX lenses, try this one Click here to see on Ebay .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Quick answer! Of course... forgot about the flange!

I have sold my SX lenses, so no worries there, i have seen the Bokkeh adapter, but if the Big-Is cheapo works as well with the Fuji screwmount lenses i will get that!

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one from Big-Is should work as intended...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i figured the latch will fit in the cut-out circle in the adapter, giving the aperture ring enough space to move freely.

Ok, i'm ordering one, too curious about that EBC 1.4/50 !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used that Fujinon with my Sigma SD9, 10, 14 and was very satisfied with it. Made with my lathe a circular groove within a few moments, because I did not want to harm the lenses, when it is so easy to alter the adapter.

Have fun with the Fuji lens!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
Used that Fujinon with my Sigma SD9, 10, 14 and was very satisfied with it. Made with my lathe a circular groove within a few moments, because I did not want to harm the lenses, when it is so easy to alter the adapter.

Have fun with the Fuji lens!

Thanks! Indeed, i don't want to butcher the lenses, just keep them original and get a proper adapter. I have M42 to EOS, but without the groove.... and no lathe!