Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Addition
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject: New Addition Reply with quote

Received this today,$46.00.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lens at a good price. I've done a lot of photography with Rokkor lenses, both film and digital.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is actually the first version of Minolta's F1.4 "normal" lenses. It is a little below the quality of the later versions as it lacks of contrast when used wide open. However, if stopped down it delivers rather excellent quality. The softness wide open may be also a positive effect when used for portraits. It would be nice if you could give a little feedback if this is true also for your copy.
When you look here:
http://artaphot.ch/sony-nex/altglas/321-nex-5n-und-minolta-50mm-objektive-teil-i
the second lens from the top should be yours and the difference between F1.4 and F2.8 is remarkable, also in the center.
The sample pictures from this link are taken with a Sony NEX-5N.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do Thomas,I posted pics with Konica 57mm f1.4 earlier and will compare with this new Minolta.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The contrast of this lens is dependent on whether it's an earlier or later one. They were evolving the lens coating during this period, and you can even see the difference in reflected colour off the lens surface. The contrast on any of these is nowhere near as good as the later MC 50mm F1.4 and the MD 50mm F1.4

However, it lens also displays less CA than the later MC 50mm F1.4 and the MD 50mm F1.4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer handling low contrast as opposed to CA in PP.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
I prefer handling low contrast as opposed to CA in PP.

You are right, that's more easy. At least for my taste. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas.... I noticed you have Konica Omega 6x9,I have a mint one c/w 90mm lens and spare 220 back which I no longer need,for sale or exchange.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Thomas.... I noticed you have Konica Omega 6x9,I have a mint one c/w 90mm lens and spare 220 back which I no longer need,for sale or exchange.

Sorry, I am rather fine. I have actually all of the lenses and already 2 90mm ones and too many 220 backs already. The 120's are more difficult to get, but even those are sufficiently available in my "camera ware house".
Finally the shipping between Canada and Austria is rather expensive out my of past experiences.
Thanks for the offer anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Postage is now going out of sight in many cases, nearly as much as price of item but delivery time increasing.Go figure. Rolling Eyes