Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need confirmation on lens mount...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:58 am    Post subject: Need confirmation on lens mount... Reply with quote

So I recently scored some rather old lenses, a Sun. Opt. Co Sola 90mm f4, which is kind of hard to come by, an a E.Ludwig Dresden Meritar 2.9/50mm. They both happen to be the same mount, but I am not sure about which mount it is. I believe it is some kind of an exakta mount but I cannot be sure as I am a newbie and I believe there are multiple exakta mounts Smile
if anyone can help me...I need to find the right adapter to hopefully be able to try them on my Canon 70D. Also, anyone have experience with these lenses? I couldn't find too much information on the Sola 9cm, but from what I did find it seemed to be a decent performer.

that's the mount both lenses are...I'm sure most of you are like "duh, what a newbie."

This is the lens, it seems in good condition, except there seems to be fresh moisture in the back of the element? maybe from crappy shipping practices..not sure what to do about it, but I guess I will figure it out. Thanks for any help.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exa, Exakta mount!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
Exa, Exakta mount!

Thank you! Those adapters are rather expensive though...ugh. Might have to just resell them, but on the other hand I am sure I'm bound to get more exakta lenses at some point and will need an adapter regardless. Thanks for your clarification : )

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You already have Topcor lenses, they are a version of Exakta mount, are those converted?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
You already have Topcor lenses, they are a version of Exakta mount, are those converted?

No, I've only been using those on the Topcon RE Super...and sparingly so. I get nervous using those. They would be a lot more fun on my DSLR. I haven't been able to decide whether to convert them because that would be $180 spent in conversion kits for the 3 lenses I would want to convert, but it would also give me a quite solid go-to set if I decide to invest the extra money. However, aren't topcor exacta mounts a little different from regular exacta or am I mistaken? If I could find one good quality adapter that I could use with all those lenses and not worry about taking it off and on, that would be perfect.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For exakta lenses on EOS this thin adapter works good and you have infinity correct.

Click here to see on Ebay
It's a little bit fiddly but once you mount it on the camera it's ok.