Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zorki 2C with Jupiter 8 (50/2)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Zorki 2C with Jupiter 8 (50/2) Reply with quote

Here are some results of my first rolls with this camera and lens . Scanned on Minolta Dimage III

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice photos, and the scanning is very good too. I like #1 best, very pleasant colours. I find that composing accurately is rather tricky with these old russian rangefinders with no parallax compensation (personally I tend to cut off heads) but I think you did well with these. Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you , miran !
You'right , it gives a bit of error at the composition , especially at the beginning and shooting from very close ,I thinkOn the other hand it gives a lot of fun to shoot with , if you are in the mood for this.
The scans on the Minolta Dimage III give to me 11 MP files the draw back is that it has no ICE2 Technology to correct automatically scratches and dust ....this means a lot of time consuming to manually do this in helicon filter.It also requires LR PP for curves and a bit sharpening to give a final contrasty and vivid look. The automatic processing directly in the scanner software doesn't convince me too much , I prefere the uncorected file to PP after scanning

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos.
I'll have to take my Zorki 6 out.
I think your camera would be more difficult to use, but it seems to focus nicely.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
Nice photos.
I'll have to take my Zorki 6 out.
I think your camera would be more difficult to use, but it seems to focus nicely.
Seems so , it gives me some problems when charging the film and especially when rewinding the roll .Last roll was not possible to rewind in the canister I had to open the camera in the dark at the photo lab ( they didn't knew how to open it ! Laughing )But apart this it is very fun to shoot with it.I am curious about the zorki 4 that I am using now , a bit bigger but back loading and bigger viewfinder.Unfortunately I suspect that the shutter has the times too fast.