Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soviet tank nightvision lens 150mm/1.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Soviet tank nightvision lens 150mm/1.5 Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I received and adapted a soviet lens that was used in T-54 / T-55 tank for a nightvision device (TPN1-22-11, you can find more infos on my site about it).

Lens itself :

The double № was used in soviet industry (and maybe russian today) for military purpose lenses. You can find those double № on aerial photo lenses too (not always).

According to lens diagram, it's an Helios type (similar to Helios-52), but without diaphragm (remember that it's not a photo lens).
Lens is quite heavy (around 2kg). On this exemplar is written only the serial number, but I saw another one, on which was written 150mm/1.5.

Result on A7 are incredibly poor (but it's not that big surprise). The CA amount is unbelievable Laughing (I'm even not sure it's CA...)
Here is an exemple :

I still went to a short walk with this lens (under the rain), so here are some shots. Most of them are in B&W in order to "avoid" CA.
Sharpness is also poor.

Those flower were totaly white

And a poor photo of the lens on my A7

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like your b/w shots with this lens!