Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which lens to keep Nikon Nikkor 28mm 2.8 or 35mm 2.8 AI?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject: Which lens to keep Nikon Nikkor 28mm 2.8 or 35mm 2.8 AI? Reply with quote

I am trimming down my photo equipment and I am considering of getting rid of one of these two lenses. Which one to keep? The 28mm or the 35mm Nikkor? Both of them have served me well, but I would like to save space and keep the ones I use more.
What would be your preference?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd keep the 28mm.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I am thinking. Considering I love them both and that both of them are in great condition, I don't want to feel sorry after giving the one away.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what else you have. Given that the 28 is a nice lens, and on a modern high res sensor it can be cropped to a 35 mm field of view without too much penalty, then that would favour the 28. But that assumes your next lens is a 50.
I have a four lens kit with focal lengths of 17, 28, 50 and 105, which I find covers a range of views without huge gaps. My "pocketable" set.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the 28 is perfect in a three lens kit but if you usually walk around with only one lens, then the 35 would be more appropriate. I can't imagine selling either just to "make room".
Pete