Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH Edika-CURTAGON 4/28 Question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:41 am    Post subject: SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH Edika-CURTAGON 4/28 Question Reply with quote

I purchased this on ebay, price looked ok, so I took a gamble. SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH Edika-CURTAGON 4/28

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-M42-lens-SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH-CURTAGON-4-28-wide-angle-28mm-1-4-/291444100980?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=c%252FJyAMmoylaguMITOYy42ESWipI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I am wondering what can be said about the lens. And if anyone has examples both of close and far subjects.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is called Edixa-Curtagon. Pretty good lens of its time. The bokeh is pretty good at close distance(I have the Retina version).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one: it was one of my first manual wides.
I love it, even if i don't use it very often.

Some boring samples here

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Exakta version. Nice lens, good color

Samples on Ricoh GXR (click for enlarging)

[more]

Фотографии в альбоме «Sсhneider Curtagon 28/4», автор serkol64 на Яндекс.Фотках

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the information, and sample pictures. I will post some examples when it arrives.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is a model with special coupling for a ligtmeter

Nice results, good color rendition:

But F 4.0 is not too much for a 28mm lens, that's why I don't use the lens often.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's cheap for this lens. dent is repairable.
Mine is exakta mount.
my samples HERE

and I compared it with Konica Hexanon 28/3,5 HERE