Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax III shutter curtain leathers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject: Contax III shutter curtain leathers Reply with quote

I recently acquired a nice war period Contax III with a 2/50 sonnar.
The shutter was jammed but the price was too good to pass.
This is my first Contax but I've had Kieves before and I am hoping I can bring it back to life.
When I disassembled it I found the shutter ribbons were original and in great shape.
The problem was with the thin leather strips on the sides of the curtain blinds.They are falling appart and allow the shutter slats to shift laterally all over the place and jam the mechanism.
I think I can replace those darn 1mm wide strips, but with what ?
Any advise/idea is sincerely wellcome and appreciated

Lekar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject: Contax III shutter curtain leathers Reply with quote

I as able to do a restoration of the shutter curtains in this Contax.
I posted a little guide with pictures in another forum.
I don't know if I am allowed to post a link. If a moderator objects I will remove it
Lekar
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum65/140099-contax-ii-iii-shutter-curtain-restoration.html