Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dinosaurs,Drumheller Alberta.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Dinosaurs,Drumheller Alberta. Reply with quote

Went to Dinosaur heaven in Drumheller Alberta and took a few pics with a6000+Minolta 35-70mm.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'is one of the best museums I've ever been to, absolutely brilliant place. And it's quite photographer friendly from what I remember.

The whole area is interesting, I loved 'Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump' as well, It's worth the drive from the Rockies.

The Rokkor 35-70 is a great walkabout lens on the A6000, you really don't need a bunch of primes when you're enjoying a day out like that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lloyd,nice to here from you again.It was my first visit after living here for 40years and I was impressed with the Museum but found the Hoodoos and the Mud mounds a bit uninteresting but the coal mine and old equipment was fascinating. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the T-Rex just inside the door to the main exhibit, I must go back with my A7r.
Another worthwhile visit is Frank Slide.
http://history.alberta.ca/frankslide/
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Slide

Last edited by Lightshow on Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow..Hi,I was there about a month ago. Where are you in Calgary? I am in Heritage McLoud area.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Lightshow..Hi,I was there about a month ago. Where are you in Calgary? I am in Heritage McLoud area.

Hi, I'm up by the UofC.
A month ago? Must of been cold....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow.... I no longer have transport apart from Ctrain but we can meet for coffee sometime if you are agreeable?.And yes it was!#*c cold.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good exhibition & pictures, but sadly the T-Rex looks way unsharp for my eyes, no offence.
The 35-70/3.5 MD Zoom Minolta is a great lens, it also does excel on Fullframe....i own more than
one copy. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of115 shots taken this was slightly OOF but then I am not that much of a nitpicker. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been in that region last summer and we enjoyed it!

not MF, Canon 5DII

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus...Nice shot & bw,is that the Dino you can go up into mouth for $3?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that Dino ist just standing in front of that given up gas station.
When seeing it, I knew I will like the shot (have it as a larger print framed)

klaus