Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon-TV 1.7/17 on Pentax Q7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Fujinon-TV 1.7/17 on Pentax Q7 Reply with quote

This is one of the less common Fujinons and can't be used on most cameras due to how far the rear protrudes - I had to machine the back a bit to get it to fit on the Q7. Less common because rather than being a CCTV lens, it's for machine vision and is a wide angle design for 1" sensors. It's a great lens, sharp as a razor closed one stop and acceptably sharp wide open, albeit with some slight diffuse glow.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Ian. Bit foggy/blurry looking at times, but adds to the flowers....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Klaus. The issue was internal reflection - after I machined the back end of the lens I ran out and tried it right away, taking advantage of a gap in the rain. Of course, the bright shiny machined aluminium caused reflections and reduced contrast, also gave a dreamy quality to that daffodil shot. Of course, I've since applied matt black paint to the machined metal.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Cheers Klaus. The issue was internal reflection - after I machined the back end of the lens I ran out and tried it right away, taking advantage of a gap in the rain. Of course, the bright shiny machined aluminium caused reflections and reduced contrast, also gave a dreamy quality to that daffodil shot. Of course, I've since applied matt black paint to the machined metal.

I especially liked that daffodil shot, but you (already) know that I'm into "such stuff" Ian Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked that one too, it reminds me of how uncoated lenses render on digital sensors, somehow both sharp and smooth.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't argue with that, there's a lot of goodness in that lens.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Dave. Out of the lenses I have tried on the Q7 so far, this is probably the sharpest.