Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Universal Rapid Aplanat F:8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Universal Rapid Aplanat F:8 Reply with quote

Hi everybody! I just bought this beauty and I was wondering if I could mount this on a Sony A7s (e-mount) camera? The rear threads are about 35mm in diameter. Thanks!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one!
You will need a bellows for focussing and to get the needed distance between lens and camera!

Klaus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Klaus! I am quite new in all of this specially regarding large format lenses, could you be so kind and tell me what kind of mount this lens has? I would do my research on the bellows... Thankssss

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea, you will have to do the measuring yourself!

Klaus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here a night pic with this incredible lens, probably from the end of the 19th century and still delivering great emotions, incredible. I mounted on a bellows and Sony A7s. I'll post some day pics ASAP Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a wonder! Please post more,

Renato

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised two more pics. I've been looking my entire life for this lens Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These Rapid Rectilinear lens are also very good at the portrait dep., did you tried out it already?
Seems to be sharp enough, with a very nice creamy bokeh.
Whats the focal length of the lens?

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed! A wonderful portrait glass. In the past I have worked with many 'soft focus' glasses (shooting with film). Somehow they were all too much for me, most of them were engineered to render a specific look and feel. This one is soft but not too soft and a very important quality for me and my work, it is subtle, meaning the image grows silently in a kind of whispering tells the story. Regarding its focal length -It is hard to say for me but I guess it is something in between 100 and 135... I'll post some portraits ASAP. Thanks Renato!