Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 300mm f5.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Tamron SP 300mm f5.6 Reply with quote

I finally pulled mine back out of the cupboard to give it a proper test on the D810. I hated this lens on my EOS 20D as I found it too hard to focus properly and almost every photo i took with it was soft. It seems that I misjudged the lens as the problem was obviously me not gelling with that combination. It works surprisingly well on the nikon body, given the high resolution demands. My nikon 300mm f2.8 is obviously superior at 5.6 it but the convenient weight and close focus ability on the tamron are hard to ignore.

Wide open long distance...
KMW_2200 by --Kei--, on Flickr

Wide open mid distance...
KMW_2204 by --Kei--, on Flickr

Wide open close...
KMW_2212 by --Kei--, on Flickr

Stopped down close...
KMW_2224 by --Kei--, on Flickr

Last edited by Kei on Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Tamron 300 / 5.6 for exactly the same reasons you just mentioned , it's light and compact. Which compared to the Tair which is considered the benchmark for old MF 300's, makes it a hand held lens for many situations where the Tair is simply too heavy and cumbersome. The Tamron might not be as sharp as the Tair, but I get more good pictures from the Tamron.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not bad results I'd say Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's lightweight and looks quite sharp. Sounds like a great combination.