Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung NX20 a good upgrade from a Lumix G1?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Samsung NX20 a good upgrade from a Lumix G1? Reply with quote

The NX20 has the key features I would be looking for: evf, few more MPx, APSC sensor.Any thoughts/experience with samsungs?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one and its a toss up between it and a Fuji xe1 which one I grab first - lovely colours and the details are outstanding

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting.
How is the evf? What focusing aids does it have?
Thanks for any information.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pk adapter arrived from china and allowed me to take the NX20 out for a spin. It was a cheap one and I had to file the locking pin before it would engage properly. But its decently snug. Took along a smc 50mm 1.7 and a smc 28mm 3.5.
First impressions favourable - evf clear and bright, focus definition very good, easy one touch 5x magnification (press the center button on the 4-way controller), didn't need to change any settings, just on with the lens and away.
Like my G1 its rather easy to have your thumb lean on one of the nearby buttons while holding the camera. On the G1 it's usually the WB. On this it's the +/- or AE buttons.

Camera specs here.

A few off the card jpg's, 28mm first two, 50mm next wo. Third is 100% crop. Lots of resolution with these primes, contrast not that bright. Day was slightly cloudy which lent to some flower pics.