Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My new baby
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: My new baby Reply with quote

Well, not actually mine, my father in law just lend it to me Very Happy

Equipped with Planar 80/2.8

The selenium light meter unfortunately is dead, any chance to get it serviced anywhere? Question

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice and precious toy Shocked
Much pleasure wuth it!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very fine camera indeed!

Selenium cells are not produced anymore, but I know that a good repairman located in Switzerland, Mr. Claudio Fabio, can change them with a new tipe of electro-cells. As a more economic alternative, an exposure meter like the classic Lunalite of Gossen can perfectly work.

All the best,

Enzo (E.L.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the informations!

I think i will use my A7 fot light metering just for start

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are light meter apps available too Wink

I like this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dq.fotometro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
There are light meter apps available too Wink

I like this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dq.fotometro

Are they good? I will try it!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Milton of Quality Light Metric in Hollywood California is a master of repairing light meters. He doesn't do the 'net so no website. It's best to call him at 323-467-2265. He reconditioned a Weston Master II for me 5 years ago and it's still going strong. Matches the meter in my F5 within 1/3 stop.

Nice camera BTW. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you enjoy using it.
I enjoy using my humble Flexaret TLR.
It is a different, slower process than using an SLR.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!

I've been Yashica Mat 124 user before, but few weeks ago I also got from .bay Rolleiflex (C 3.5 Planar) for my use. When it came, the slower shutter speeds were too slow, and the self timer didn't work, but it's now serviced and everything is ok. Smile

You have now really great TLR camera there! The Rolleiflex Planar lens is just outstanding and the camera is wonderfull to use! Congratz!

(..I use Sekonic Twinmate L-208 lightmeter with these..)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for a nice pice of German precision!
And stay with Your lady or the camera will pass away too. Laughing
Thomas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn the german precision! Evil or Very Mad

The film counter and the film stop advance doesn't work
As far as I can see I've loaded the film correctly, but the film counter doens't advance nor the advance lever stops Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Any idea about that?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To let the frame counter start, it is necessary to pass the film between the two rollers under the lower frame's border.

The Rollieflex is a wonderful, universal camera, worth to be repaired when necessary.

I've also seen the czechoslowakian "Flexaret" be quoted: it's a very fine camera, usually for sale at extremely low prices.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elmar Lang wrote:
To let the frame counter start, it is necessary to pass the film between the two rollers under the lower frame's border.

The Rollieflex is a wonderful, universal camera, worth to be repaired when necessary.

I've also seen the czechoslowakian "Flexaret" be quoted: it's a very fine camera, usually for sale at extremely low prices.

Yes done, like this pic