Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Primotar 135/3.5 - silver of course !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Primotar 135/3.5 - silver of course ! Reply with quote

Hope it's not wrong forums.

Got Primotar from CA, USA pretty quickly, for about $75 but with fees Evil or Very Mad

The lens was very dusty like it'd be lying in the blown sands of California for 50 years, so I polished it a bit.

A temporary Tribute to Rudolph Meyer chamber.

Optics seems pretty fine to me. Saving the obvious dust inside. Lies surrounded with packs of rice already, fungus is fungus Very Happy

Actually, you can watch Primotar dedicated gallery on Flickr through Very Happy!

A small sized pic wihout PP - a first one of "butterflies". I obviously expect wonders as this. Don't care about sharpness/aberrations really.

Marek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of those a few years ago but I sold it, like a dumbass.
And for much less than $75 too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it's not usually a $75 item... I was surprised how quite hard is to get a nice looking silver one, especially for the European (most of silver auctions tend to occur from USA and the other ones are thus more expensive). Anyway it's my little 135mm Monet Very Happy !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to thank me for not bidding higher. :-/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you followed (watched) the very same item, Woodie? Very Happy Do you want to be PM'ed by me if another piece occurs?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
Did you followed (watched) the very same item, Woodie? Very Happy Do you want to be PM'ed by me if another piece occurs?

If it is the one I'm thinking, yes, I also bid. Sure, let me know. I now have two black ones and will have them cleaned and then sell one.

Just looked again - maybe not same one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a buy now item with negotiation available, so I made a lower offer that passed through. I don't much bid on items I suppose to be sold higher that I accept. Especially if the item is not that scarce to leave my usual bidding patience.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job. I recently won a nail-biting auction of an Exakta camera with Primoplan. No mention of Primoplan and no picture of front of lens. Sometimes we can still get lucky.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must have been deserved reward, my friend! Hard browsing work and foxiness on eBay should always work! As we Czechs say, trpělivost růže přináší Very Happy !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the specialty of this one?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
What's the specialty of this one?

It has bubble bokeh much like Trioplan. Another Meyer lens with character. Decent sharpness too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And draws like Monet Cool

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shot just some stinkin' dump under mild January sun and I already know I'll like it.

Also, the lens seems to aberrate in a very pleasant way under a certain angle against the sun.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job capturing the bubble rings.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are going to like that lens. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I believe the price vs. performance vs. condition was damn good in this case. I was lucky. Lucky and patient.