Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Understanding canon mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Understanding canon mount Reply with quote

Hi,
I got a tokina lens that is for canon mount. I am trying to understand what I can do to see if the aperture blades are closing. Someone told me that the lens first has to be mounted to be able to see the apertures closing or opening. I do not have yet a canon to nex adapter to see what is going on. Is it possible somehow if the apertures are closing and opening when I move the dial`?

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a rear cap that I've cut off that cocks the aperture mechanism and allows you to turn the aperture ring and see the blades move. The lock is a bit hidden in the mount, and a proper cap unlocks it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a few lenses knocked down in price as faulty by using the salesman's ignorance of these matters. Much to my shame. Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.. without making this adaptor I was able to press this small lever and make the aperture moving!! I wonder though that I can still hear some of sound when moving the lens... IS this normal? It is like small metals clinging...

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ball bearings in the aperture assembly most likely, so it's normal.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topic title says it all Smile perhaps check also this entry Wink :
http://forum.mflenses.com/canon-fd-the-most-stupid-mount-ever-t24942.html