Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EOS and Pentacon Six
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: EOS and Pentacon Six Reply with quote

Hi all!

After using Nikon 1 and a wide range of Russian M39/M42 lenses over the last two years I decided to upgrade my equipment to Canon 100d. Sold off all M39 lenses on Ebay and only kept the Helios 44-2, Mir 1b and Jupiter 37a. In the future I plan to buy Canon EOS 5D Mark III or similar and this means that Helios 44-2 and Mir 1b will hit the mirror at infinity so I need to consider a new strategy for my Russian lens collection.

Pentacon Six (+ kiev 60 etc) mount seems interesting and I'm a bit curious about the lens quality in general and infinity focus without hitting the mirror. I will be going to Ukraine for one week in the end of the year and the political situation and the drop of the Ukraine currency means that the prices will be about 50-80 % lower compared to Ebay listings.

Been looking at these options
ZODIAK-8B 3,5 30mm (MC ARSAT, 3.5/30)
VEGA-12B 2.8/90mm
MIR 26B F/3.5 45mm
MC VOLNA 3 2.8/80
KALEINAR 3B 2.8/150
Also, it could be interesting to buy some Carl Zeiss Jena lenses later.

So, if I'm correct, Pentacon six with adapter won't hit the mirror at infinity on Canon EOS 5D Mark III or similar?
(the adapter looks quite big compared to the M42)

Any recommendations based on the list? Or maybe I forgot to list some interesting model?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Biometar 80mm F2.8 is brilliant (and I hear its 120mm big brother is too)
I am also really enjoying my Mir38-b. I quite like its 65mm focal length, and its very sharp.