Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 135mm f/3.5 Preset lens.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 135mm f/3.5 Preset lens. Reply with quote

Another light weight lens from Vivitar. Again very fragile Aperture blades so be easy with the setting of the aperture. Not a bad shooter.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawg excellent stuff!

Your post got me off my duff to search for my own copy of Viv preset 135 f3.5. It took me a while to find my lens.

While I still like it, my lens is not like yours and it is not as nice. In particular my lens is more simple up front, lacking those extra settings you have which I cannot say I fully understand.

I would not describe my lens as seeming fragile, though. It is small, heavy, and quite robust.

All in all, these are fantastic lenses. Preset lenses are simply better!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like mine but actually they can be quite fragile inside. The aperture blades will get messed up sometimes and need sorting. A job for the patient among us. They in general are quite sharp and have good color and contrast.