Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Old autofocus lenses used in manual... Any picks ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Old autofocus lenses used in manual... Any picks ? Reply with quote

Hello !

Few months ago on a flohmarkt I found a Sigma Super Wide 24mm for Nikon, an autofocus one, but luckily I had my Nikon adapter with me, I tried it on my Nex in manual mode... The results were pretty awesome.
I also tried a recent Nikon 80mm 1.8 in manual focus on my Fuji, and well, I got some nice pictures.

Do you know some old autofocus lenses that could be found relatively cheap, are not too horrible to manual focus, and can give great results ? I see a lot of 90's plastic lenses selling for nothing on ebay or flohmarkts, and I was thinking that maybe for some of them, the glass was worth a try.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, most of them have electronic aperture so you have to shoot wide open

exception is some Nikkors but they are not usually cheap

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a few, but my favourite is the Sigma DG 80-300 for my Nikon, the 28-200 is a good all round performer too, no AF on my D3200. Used on the NEX or the A6000 they are light weight. I found the 28-200 very good for the airshow, compact and light with far enough reach. The 80-300 must be used with an adaptor that allows you to change the aperture.

The fatboys

28-200 at 28mm

at 200

the 80-300 cropped