Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jena Tessar 50 f2.8 special Ver. no screw on rear case
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:59 am    Post subject: Jena Tessar 50 f2.8 special Ver. no screw on rear case Reply with quote

Jena Tessar 50 f2.8 special Ver. no screw on rear case. wish to have some tips to open it for servicing. already google-ed for 3 days but no results at all. the Jena babby needs to be serviced immediately.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: Jena Tessar 50 f2.8 special Ver. no screw on rear case Reply with quote

peter pan wrote:

Jena Tessar 50 f2.8 special Ver. no screw on rear case. wish to have some tips to open it for servicing. already google-ed for 3 days but no results at all. the Jena babby needs to be serviced immediately.

I'm quoting your message in order for your pictures to show. You will be fine from now on. This helps prevent spam.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say that the black trim to the rear of the aluminium aperture ring looks like it might unscrew, similar to the Meyer
Domiplan, but then I noticed the stop-down button is in a notch which would prevent that. Sorry I can't help more.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still may unscrew, as it looks very much like the Pancolar 2/50 rear end which has the stop down button and unscrews.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not idea how to strip it down. What I know this lens is specially made for Pentacon Super SLR.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
I was going to say that the black trim to the rear of the aluminium aperture ring looks like it might unscrew, similar to the Meyer
Domiplan, but then I noticed the stop-down button is in a notch which would prevent that. Sorry I can't help more.

i agree with this theory. the big bottom ring might be unscrewed. i tried, but it dont move at all.....rusty or stuck? Pls help me more!

but maybe the aperture ring can be taken out for first step, then we could see small screws on the TAB of the big rear ring.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings from Australia, I've got a very similar lens that I just repaired today, the back just unscrews, you will have to put some force as it is held onto the thread by two small dabs of glue.

what makes it a limited edition? mine looks very similar to yours but it does not have the same writing on the front.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenny12 wrote:
Greetings from Australia, I've got a very similar lens that I just repaired today, the back just unscrews, you will have to put some force as it is held onto the thread by two small dabs of glue.

what makes it a limited edition? mine looks very similar to yours but it does not have the same writing on the front.