Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Komura telemore 95 II 7 K.M.C 2X TCelement Haze
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Komura telemore 95 II 7 K.M.C 2X TCelement Haze Reply with quote

Please see this post in repair forum http://forum.mflenses.com/komura-2x-telemore-7-element-haze-repair-t68824.html#1414437, Iam linking this here for better visibilty of the post , and can anyone share the optical formula odf the telemore 7 element tc ??

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hazy elements --

clean element

can the haze be cleaned??

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of anyone that has removed haze successfully, it appears to be deep in the glass.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on close inspection it seems the front coating has somehow degraded into this , so should polishing off the coating improve image performance??

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably have nothing to lose in polishing the coating off, maybe that is the problem.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes.

Depends on the nature of the haze.
Easiest is condensed lubricant. This can usually be cleaned if you use the right solvent.

In order, I would use -
Alcohol
Naptha (lighter fluid)
Acetone

If these don't work then you may try harsher measures, such as a glass polisher.
Some people have used ordinary toothpaste for this, I suppose the white kind not the gel kind. That has a fine abrasive in it.
Some have used cigarette ash.
I have even used metal polish.
The Komura TC isn't valuable so its a good one to try this sort of thing.

To remove coating + haze, this stuff has often worked for me.

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/05100-05101.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks quite similar to my Kaleinar 5B. One of the elements looked like it had a secondary, mat like coating on it. It did clean up a bit, but I was not able to remove it completely. My guess was that the coating was not applied properly in the factory, which, in time, led to it`s separation from the lens. I think this because my Kaleinar came in the original box, unused, from the person who bought it. I do not think you`d be doing too much damage by removing the coating completely. Before you do that, you can also try using hand/cold cream. It does wonders when it comes to fungus.