Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Miranda Soligor 50mm 1.4 Disassembly
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject: Miranda Soligor 50mm 1.4 Disassembly Reply with quote

I cannot seem to get one of these lenses that's in good shape. I picked up two of these (neither had decent descriptions and the prices were great.) One has perfect glass and a lightly oily aperture. One has fungus and coating separation and haze and a perfect aperture. So you see where I'm going with this. How complex are these old Soligor lenses? Is this a type of lens that could be disassembled and reassembled by a novice?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post some pics: front, back side.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do. I'll grab those this week for both lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some time tonight to grab some quick photos of these two 1.4 lenses. I tried to capture each side as well as the issue that each has.

It looks like it has some screws on the external housing. I'm beginning to think that it can be taken apart without great difficulty. The challenge, of course, will be putting it back together. That said, I'm hoping for some unbiased views on if this is a doable repair, swapping the bad elements for the good elements.