Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What is wrong here?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: What is wrong here? Reply with quote

Hi, there.
I know that noon light is hard. I also know that forests (anything with shadows and openings).. is a very very harsh lighting environment.

Still when I look on this shot below
there is something else that bothers me, that when I zoom in in the image looks that light does something to the scene elements... Some look over sharpened and other over unsharpened. There is something harsh in each scene element but is very hard to say exactly what that is and what is causing it.

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its difficult to see anything, the image has been resized and the exif data is missing. Is it from film, digital? can we see close-up samples of the 'problem' areas?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shot metered for highlights (or highlight EV lowered in pp) and then LOTS of raised shadows in RAW conversion + noise removal --> shadows have little detail. Pretty much exactly what to expect from that kind of post processing treatment.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
thanks how I can share the raw file here. I am mostly intresting for learning what I could do better (okay this is a very harsh lighting condition but still good to see where my mistakes are).

Can it also be the reflecting leaves at the ground? Perhaps a polarizer
Alex

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://regex.info/blog/2011-11-07/1880

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks like hdr, share raw and I am sure that more can be pulled out from the file

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I am sharing it right

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm i do not see a link

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpa5b5awd3uinms/_DSC5325.ARW?dl=0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there is something wrong with this file Smile I have tried not much happened there. Sky is very weird it might be because of the kit lens. It probably would look better in b&w

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
anyway thanks for trying this. My little knowledge says that this is major a problem coming from the vegetation reflections (as there were humid)

Regards
A

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant see a problem with it. Looks fine to me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:

Me too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm my eyes see "too much overall reflections everywhere in the scene' and o polarizer could have brought down all this contrastness of the scene

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:

Looks OK to me too, maybe a very slight reduction in contrast...but for that lighting condition would think it is what you see with the human eye.