Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MC Rokkor 200mm F3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Minolta MC Rokkor 200mm F3.5 Reply with quote

Another Minolta lens to add to my collection.

For a 'budget' model, it has been a pleasant surprise.

All wide open or 5.6 on a Sony a6000

Curious neighbours cat:

And our little Nora, who is very ill (kidney failure) Sad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice photos, seems like a pretty good lens to me. Those cats seem like very cooperative models.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're a really hefty lens aren't they? I have one but don't use it much at all as I have a far smaller and lighter 180mm I can use. That said, there is something satisfying about a nice metal and glass beast like this and your results add to that experience.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say the weight (about 800 grams) did scare me at first but I had little trouble handling it and nailing focus. They're all taken handheld. And even though they may seem like willing models, these shots are the result of a whole afternoon of patience Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They aren't a madly expensive lens either, one of the bargains in the 200mm lenses ? It certainly looks like it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one, I must admit I used it only once (taking about 50 pics with it) but I was well impressed with the quality. A touch of CA when really blown up but normal for its type.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice photos and ... poor Nora Sad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I like the 5th one especially.