Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What is "here"?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject: What is "here"? Reply with quote

Hi there team!
This is one of the times I just raised my camera without thinking much.

I edited a bit and the image got a very specific look.
I am not sure why but my eyes say that this works for a reason.

Can you find the reason I think that this works? Perhaps is the table and the wood that is atop of it that make you wonder "who left it there?"

Comments?
Alex

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subjectively a photo can mean something to the photographer and nothing to someone else. Its a nice picture, I dont know exactly what you've done to it but the colours are nicely muted. Vivid colours are not for every subject. It's good.

Even when taking a snapshot framing is important, it eventually becomes second nature if you think about it every time you pick up your camera. In digital, you can have the rule of thirds grid displayed, learn what it is for and it will help.

An interesting subject, that for me would come to life in 3D, but then that's my thing. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks .
I appreciate the time you spent answering. I still find the image atttractive. Unfortunately it looks like that this is my opinion as I shared my image here and there and almost no comments appeared. Still though that is me it reminds me like a drawning with perhaps some impressinostic taste.

Regards
A

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex, it does look a little impressionistic. I couldnt find a word to describe it.

Weathered wood is always a good subject. I suggest a crop to remove the part at the front leaving only the wood may improve it, leaving the eye to dwell only on the main subject.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does have something, but I would also suggest a tighter crop to center attention, so
the viewers eye does not need to wander around that much Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I appreciate that you commented