Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta Question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Minolta Question Reply with quote

I asked in an earlier thread about a way of shortening the aperture pin on my Minolta 17mm f4, as it was not mounting properly into the Lens Turbo II. I think now that the problem is with the rear element which protrudes as you focus towards infinity. I had the chance to try a 58mm f1.4 and a 55mm f1.8 at the weekend and found the same problem. A 50mm f2 seemed to be of a different design and worked fine.

Do any Minolta experts here know of other "standard" Minolta primes which would not have this problem ? I like the Lens Turbo II a lot and would like to try a 50/55/58mm Rokkor. I already have the 40mm f2 and this mounts properly , but it would not be my first choice if I could use any of the others.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I measured most of the Minolta lenses I could find, and the pin is mostly 4mm from the back edge of the bayonet, and some lenses have the rear element showing through up to 1mm.
Other lenses might be different.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW !! Thanks for the trouble you took. It is now out with the calipers for my Rokkors to check to see exactly what is causing this annoying problem.