Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Please help to recognize some lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Please help to recognize some lenses Reply with quote

Hi all,

I found a pack of lenses on a local site. Seems to be a bunch of projection/enlarger lenses to me. Could you help me to identify these lenses? Is any of them worth trying? I also attached an image, where I see "Lomo T-43 4/40" on a strange, circular plate. And what could be the lens with "Doppel Anastigmat Brilliant F6.9" written on the front of the lens? Thanks for your help in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two guesses:

The silver one might be a Industar-50U-1 enlarger lens?
The "Triplet" could be a Triplet 78/2.8 projection lens?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Industar-50U-i is enlarger lens from LZOS factory
The second is triplet projection lens (like the last one), MMZ factory
The third is no soviet, so no idea.
The fourth is what is left from a T-43, lens from Smena-8M made by LOMO
Last one is another triplet projection lens, MMZ factory

Did you find them in a garbage? Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the identification. I haven't bought the set, just see it on a local site. The description says that the current owner inherited the set. Probably this is why most lenses look so bad. Is it worth paying for this stuff? Btw. the owner wants to get about 35 EUR for them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too much. The enlarger lens is barely usable (only for macro, and it's not the best for it...)
The projection lenses will need some work to adapt on a camera, and their condition looks awfull (and it's plastic things). There is no diaphragme also, and it's triplet design (3 lenses).
The T-43 looks simply destroyed. Looks like there is even no optical block...

Just don't buy it, or maybe for 5 euros.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used the Industar enlarger lens on a bellows for macro, but it wasn't very good. It's a lens I found in a box of junk that was being thrown out - and that was about its worth. I think I still have it somewhere.

The whole lot is worth no more than the loose change in your pocket.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all rubbish, not worth bothering with unless you collect enlarger lenses, then perhaps worth 5 euro inc postage.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not worth bothering with this deal, it`s not worth anything.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would pay a few euros for the third lens, if the glass is in good condition and the lens is complete, but it does not look too promising. It is likely a medium format or plate camera lens, it could be some fun to play with it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Lomo looks decidedly sick ( as in anorexic - not as in "fully sick man"!) .
As the others have said - save your money.
There will be much better things to spend the 35 euros on.
Happy lens hunting
OH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for helping me. I'll wait for a better bargain.